Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Deja vu

My heart is open to the flow of song
But hears not the symphony that it requires
It surrenders to the notes that drift on the wind
And searches for the harmony deep within

Knowing not the emotions from the songs that come
But filled with their sorrow that does not belong
Each of the notes that sound the lead
Are followed by others that cannot plant the seed

Perhaps the season is too cold for growth
Lost are the chances of Spring's magic
But I feel the deja vu of an uncomfortable dance
And the staccato of a need that breaks any chance

I know that my melody spins in my heart
And waits for the words to realize its passion
Fulfilled in itself by suffering what it gained
Watching too carefully the stanza to create blame

I feel the sadness of an incomplete song
Knowing my mind plays with the rhythm
So I'll sing my own song and dance to its beat
And find within myself the love I will meet
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment